Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

20.05.2012 03:00:52
Re: Remote Buddy, OSX Lion and BD Remote

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Just bought a SMK-Link BT remote (model VP3700) today. I'm using it with my 2010 Mac Pro 6-core system running Lion 10.7.4. After setting up the remote using Remote Buddy pairing, I ran into the bluetooth pairing password bug issue.

After experimenting with the issue, I think I may have found a workaround for the bug.

Not sure if it will work for you, but here is what I did:

1. Remove the paired remote from Remote Buddy. 
2. Open System Preferences and goto Bluetooth. 
3. My device still appeared in the list as "BD Remote Control". 
4. I highlighted the device and clicked the "-" sign to remove the device. 
5. Click on the "+" sign to launch the bluetooth setup assistant 
6. Select the remote once it appears in the list. 
7. The assistant attempts to pair the remote, but it fails to pair with the remote. However the fail dialog provides a "Passcode Options" button... Click it. 
8. A new dialog opens and the last option in the list is "Do not use passcode with this device". Select that option and click Ok. 
9. Return to Remote Buddy and pair the remote in remote buddy

Granted I've only had the remote for about 12 hours now, but I haven't received the pairing password dialog since I followed those steps.

Last edited: 20.05.2012 03:12:36 

Thread-display::