Support
Alle Supportangebote für unsere Produkte. Hier finden Sie Antworten auf häufig gestellte Fragen, können mit anderen Anwendern diskutieren, sich Ihren Lizenzcode erneut zusenden lassen oder eine Supportanfrage stellen.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Übersicht 

AutorDiskussion
User

05.10.2013 12:16:23
Remote Buddy & XBMC & OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Anzeigen

Dieser Beitrag ist älter als sechs Monate und kann veraltete Informationen enthalten.
Hi,

When I run XBMC 13 August Cycle under OS X 10.9 Mavericks GM my Apple Remote constantly sends commands to XBMC while Remote Buddy is running in the background.

Hardware : Mac Mini 2010 

Diese Einträge aus dem FAQ könnten für dieses Thema relevant sein:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

09.10.2013 11:44:45
Re: Remote Buddy & XBMC & OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Anzeigen

Dieser Beitrag ist älter als sechs Monate und kann veraltete Informationen enthalten.
Just upgraded to OS X 10.9 GM, experiencing the same behavior. Remote Buddy is completely unusable. Without anything running it takes Remote Buddy about 30 seconds to recognize a command has been sent from a remote... and then sends constant commands in background while using Plex or XBMC.

Last edited: 09.10.2013 11:46:38 

User

10.10.2013 12:26:02
Anzeigen

Thanks for the info.

Please make sure you have Remote Buddy’s driver (Candelair) installed. This should address the issue.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

14.10.2013 21:14:51
Anzeigen

Same here with Plex, it's completely unusable. Candelair driver is properly installed but once in Plex, almost nothing works.

While watching a movie, volume control is not working, other controls as well, only play/pause works sometimes. And going back to Plex menu it's like someone is sitting on the remote or something, the cursor is going up and down without stopping. 

User

23.10.2013 11:21:08
Anzeigen

Same here. The latest Candelair Driver is installed. XBMC is the latest Nightly Build. Remotebuddy is having problems with appearing the menu and using the remote. see here for a demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anDIWSGlk98

for a paid software this is very disappointing. xbmc is a free software, therefor i would judge different.... 

User

23.10.2013 16:52:14
Anzeigen

Same thing here with Plex. I hope there is a solution very soon... 
User

23.10.2013 19:11:33
Anzeigen

try to deactivate the "App Nap" function via CMD+I on the Icon of the Remotebuddy AND Plex or XBMC. This hint was given to me via Twitter (https://twitter.com/RemoteBuddy/status/392975874334531584) and it seems that it solved the problem. a new version of remote buddy is the works.

i wish the communication to the customers would be better. we have an update function in the app and there is a newsletter. if this would be used to inform user to wait with the OS update and to wait for a fix it would be great. 
Under iOS it is known that the most Apps get an update BEFORE the new OS Version is released, so that the device/app can be used like before...

however, its time to say thank you to iospirit for remotebuddy and for the fast answer with this solution. :)

Last edited: 23.10.2013 19:16:46 

User

23.10.2013 20:24:25
Anzeigen

Thanks for the quick response! Seems to work for me... Be sure to reboot the system to make sure the App Nap setting works. 
User

23.10.2013 23:20:01
Anzeigen

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

An update has been in the works for some time and is on its way (=> please also see my blog post from yesterday).

Preparing for a major new release of OS X is not as easy as some may think, though:

1) The pre-releases developers get from Apple usually still have issues that you need to identify, file bugs against and hope for them to get fixed (I’ve been lucky in that regard. Thanks Apple!)

2) New pre-releases often fix known problems, but can also add new ones.

3) Extensive tests are run against the Golden Master (GM) build, which, like the pre-releases before it, often fixes bugs and adds new bugs to OS X.

4) For Mavericks, Apple silently (!) released a new (!) GM only days before release, with no documentation on what has changed. So I needed to run all tests again. Since there is no way of automating tests with hardware remote controls across a wide range of different Mac models and OS X releases, this is a very time consuming process, that couldn’t be finished in time for Tuesday’s announcement and immediate release of OS X Mavericks.

A lot of work has gone and continues to go into preparing another FREE update for Remote Buddy to now support the SIXTH major release of OS X since Remote Buddy 1.0 was released in 2006. I’ve released all updates for FREE for what is now 7 years and continue to try my best to serve Remote Buddy’s user base, regardless of when they bought their copy.

I agree that it would have been nice to have the update ready even before Mavericks is released. And if it wasn’t for the new, final GM, chances are the update would already be available for download.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

23.10.2013 23:39:02
Anzeigen

Regarding App Nap:

OS X Mavericks introduces a new feature called "App Nap" that puts applications to sleep that the systems thinks you are not using. It does so for all applications, regardless of when they were released.

As a background application without a window that you regularly interact with with your mouse or keyboard, Remote Buddy can be considered "inactive" by OS X Mavericks and put to "sleep", which will give you all kinds of weird effects.

The upcoming update of Remote Buddy will tell OS X Mavericks not to put it to "sleep" by itself. If you're using an earlier release, however, you'll need to tell OS X Mavericks yourself that you don't want "App Nap" for Remote Buddy. Doing so is pretty easy:

1) Select Remote Buddy in a Finder window 
2) Press Cmd + I (or right click its icon in a Finder window and select "Get Info") 
3) Use the available checkbox in that window to disable App Nap for Remote Buddy 
4) Relaunch Remote Buddy

Hope that helps.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

30.10.2013 19:51:02
Anzeigen

Remote Buddy 1.24 with Mavericks support has been released today.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

30.10.2013 20:06:16
Anzeigen

Great Felix! This means I can now upgrade to Mavericks . I don't want to lose RB. 
Will the upgrade disable App Nap for RB by default? 
User

30.10.2013 20:11:02
Anzeigen

Remote Buddy 1.24 uses a new Mavericks API to tell OS X that it’s a background app, so OS X can take this into account.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

30.10.2013 20:18:49
Anzeigen

Great news! 
User

02.11.2013 12:54:01
Anzeigen

Unfortunately, App Nap still seems to affect a few users, despite the changes made in Remote Buddy 1.24 and 1.24.1.

For more information on App Nap, the current status and how you can manually disable App Nap on your Mac, please see this separate blog post on the subject:

http://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/177/Experiencing-delays-On-Mavericks-App-Nap-and-Remote-Buddy/

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

05.11.2013 17:58:10
Anzeigen

Just a report...

I had upgraded to Mavericks a week ago, and my older version of Remote Buddy worked fine except for once, when it exhibited the "constantly pressed key" symptom in XBMC. But I rebooted the machine, and it seemed to work ok from then on, although I didn't do any thorough testing.

Then yesterday I got an update notice from RB, and updated to 1.24.1. From that point on, I couldn't run XBMC without it running wild with constant keystrokes.

Luckily, the fix mentioned in the blog (disable APP Nap in Get Info box) has worked for me too. Thanks for the blog post describing the fix.

Last edited: 05.11.2013 18:03:40

Last edited: 05.11.2013 18:03:58 

User

05.11.2013 23:25:02
Anzeigen

Thanks for your feedback.

On the systems affected, App Nap will kick in regardless of whether you use a version prior to 1.24 or 1.24/1.24.1.

I could finally isolate and reproduce the remaining App Nap problem today and 1.24.2 addresses it. App Nap now no longer puts it to sleep.

Version 1.24.2 is available immediately via the website and Remote Buddy’s built-in Online Updater.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

06.11.2013 01:03:16
Anzeigen

I could finally isolate and reproduce the remaining App Nap problem today and 1.24.2 addresses it. App Nap now no longer puts it to sleep.

Version 1.24.2 is available immediately via the website and Remote Buddy’s built-in Online Updater.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz

YAY!!

Thanks...Remote Buddy has become a necessary lifestyle app! 

User

10.11.2013 14:52:47
Anzeigen

Hi,

last version of Remote Buddy is preventing sleeping mode in MacMini.

Attach info:

pmset -g 
Active Profiles: 
AC Power 2* 
Currently in use: 
hibernatemode 0 
womp 1 
networkoversleep 0 
sleep 10 (sleep prevented by Remote Buddy) 
Sleep On Power Button 1 
ttyskeepawake 1 
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage 
autorestart 0 
disksleep 10 
displaysleep 10

pmset -g assertions 
10/11/13 14:51:54 GMT+1 
Assertion status system-wide: 
BackgroundTask 0 
PreventDiskIdle 0 
ApplePushServiceTask 0 
UserIsActive 0 
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0 
InteractivePushServiceTask 0 
PreventSystemSleep 0 
ExternalMedia 0 
InternalPreventDisplaySleep 1 
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1 
NetworkClientActive 1 
Listed by owning process: 
pid 21(powerd): [0x0000001100000179] 00:02:12 InternalPreventDisplaySleep named: "com.apple.powermanagement.delayDisplayOff" 
Timeout will fire in 167 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff 
pid 21(powerd): [0x0000001200000240] 00:01:33 NetworkClientActive named: "com.apple.powermanagement.ttyassertion" 
Details: /dev/ttys000 
Localized=A remote user is connected. That prevents system sleep. 
pid 1664(Remote Buddy): [0x000000010000023f] 00:02:02 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Disable App Nap" 
Kernel Assertions: 0x100=MAGICWAKE 
id=504 level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=10/11/13 14:59 description=en0 owner=en0

User

10.11.2013 16:07:02
Anzeigen

Thanks for the info!

I’ve put together and uploaded a new build that addresses the sleep issue. To download and install it, please visit this page and follow the instructions there:

http://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/download/

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

11.11.2013 08:03:13
Anzeigen

Works perfectly!!!

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards, Rafa.