The Express version of the most powerful remote control solution for the Mac®. Control more than 100 applications, virtual keyboard and mouse, presentations, media center software and important system settings right from your iPhone™, iPod® Touch and your Apple® Remote!
Purchase Remote Buddy Express now in the Mac App Store.
- OS X® Yosemite Support
- New Behaviour for iBooks, Movist and Mac Blu-Ray Player
- Support for new iWork/iLife releases
- Release Notes
- One Menu For Everything Switch between and control more than 100 applications using one central menu.
- Integrated Media Access Access your iTunes® library, VIDEO_TS folders, EyeTV channels and recordings inside Remote Buddy's menu.
- File Browsing Open recently opened documents or browse your complete file system.
- Advanced Control Control volume, display brightness and more with controls embedded right into Remote Buddy's menu.
- Mousespot For Presentations Turn your remote into a spotlight: highlight part of a slide using the integrated Mousespot feature.
- Easy Customization Assign a different action to a button with one click. Change the menu structure using drag and drop. Add custom actions.
- Tailor-made control of 100+ applications Plugins ("Behaviours") allow control of more than 100 supported apps. A Construction Kit for your own Behaviours is included.
- Virtual Input Devices The Virtual Mouse, Virtual Keyboard and the Apple® Remote Emulation (requires Candelair) help you replace other input devices with just one remote.
- iPhone™/iPod® Touch Integration Control your Mac® via WLAN using Remote Buddy's AJAX Remote. Gesture remote control, iTunes® library streaming and more.
- Unrivaled Apple® Remote support Support for both Apple® Remotes and our exclusive Candelair driver for maximum flexibility and minimum latency.
- System Control Sleep, shutdown, reboot, show/hide/quit applications, control Spaces®, change display settings, audio in- and outputs, ..
- Button Mapping Charts The menu includes button mapping charts that help you to see what actions are currently mapped to the core set of buttons.
Advanced iTunes® Control With Your Remote
- Switch local and remote speakers Control which AirPort Express® speaker is active in iTunes® or change your system's default audio output.
- Fullscreen mode Control iTunes® in its fullscreen mode. 10
- Library browser Browse your iTunes® library and use Remote Buddy's intelligent shortcuts to (re-)discover your music.
- Intelligent browsing Remote Buddy shortens your navigation paths by automatically splitting up long lists in alphabetic groups.
- Ratings, repeat & shuffle Change the rating of the currently playing song or the repeat and shuffle modes for the current playlist.
- Now playing Find out more about the currently playing song in Remote Buddy's menu or information display.
AJAX Remote - control your Mac® using your iPhone™, iPod® Touch or Safari®
- Gesture Remote Control Use gestures to control all applications Remote Buddy can control. More info…
- Presenter Trackpad Reposition the mouse on a live view of your screen. Perform clicks, control Mousespot and change to the next/previous slide. More info…
- Keyboard Enter a text and let Remote Buddy type it on your Mac® via its virtual keyboard. More info…
- iTunes® Control Control speakers, volume and playback. edit playlists, ratings, .. More info…
- Streaming Stream music and video from your iTunes® Library (only files in iPhone™/iPod® Touch compatible formats). More info…
- EyeTV Control Switch channels, browse and initiate playback of recordings. More info…
- Live Webcam View View the current picture of your Mac's iSight® (or your primary webcam / video camera respectively). More info…
- Movie Library Initiate playback of VIDEO_TS folders from Remote Buddy's Movie Library. More info…
- No App Installation AJAX Remote is implemented as web 2.0 application served from your Mac® by Remote Buddy's built-in HTTP server. More info…
- Mac OS® X 10.7 or later An Apple® Macintosh® computer with Intel® processor, running Mac OS® X 10.7 or later.
- Supported remote control hardware For a list of supported remote controls and their respective requirements, please click here.