In some cases, the Bluetooth-stack of OS X does not deliver the names of devices to Remote Buddy, making it impossible for Remote Buddy to detect a new remote control. If you experience this case, you can use the OS X Bluetooth Wizard in order to work around this problem upon your first connection. Therefore, please follow these instructions:
- Open "System Preferences"
- Select "Bluetooth"
- Click on "Set Up New Device ". The Bluetooth assistant will now open.
- Click on "Continue" to get beyond the "Introduction" message.
- Select "Any device" and click "Continue".
- Now press button 1 and 2 simultaneously on your remote control
- If the name of your remote control appears on screen, select it from the list and click on "Continue"
- Continue to click on "Continue" until you are prompted to enter a number on your Bluetooth device. If you have reached that screen, quit the assistant.
- Now use Remote Buddy's own "Setup Wizard" to pair your remote with your computer.