MORE POWER FOR YOUR REMOTE!
Meet the most powerful remote control solution for the Mac®: Remote Buddy.
Control more than 100 applications, virtual keyboard and mouse, presentations, media center software and important system settings right from your iPhone™, iPod® Touch, your Apple® Remote any many other remote controls!More information…
- Diagnostics - checks your system for common error sources and provides results in issue/potential issue/informal categories.
- Battery Check - visual check of your remote control's signal. Requires a webcam supported by OS X
What is Remote Control Diagnostics?
When nothing happens when you press a button on your Apple® Remote, this can have many different - and often very technical - reasons. This utility was written to greatly simplify the process of identifying the source of such issues and provides you with useful tips on how to address them. Remote Control Diagnostics is a free download.
Does Remote Control Diagnostics modify anything?
Remote Control Diagnostics is a diagnostics tool. It works strictly in a read-only fashion and doesn't change any settings or system files. It provides you with information on how to address issues and potential issues that it has found, but never takes action itself.
Which hardware is supported by Remote Control Diagnostics?
RCD only supports the Apple® Remote in combination with built-in Apple® IR Receivers.
Which issues can Remote Control Diagnostics detect?
This is a non-exhaustive list of issues and potential issues RCD can detect:
- The IR Receiver is paired with a particular remote
- The IR Receiver was disabled in system preferences
- Built-in OS X functionality has not been loaded
- Applications currently accessing the IR Receiver exclusively
- Potential incompatibilities of applications with outdated Apple® Remote support code with OS X 10.6.2 and later
- Apple® IR Receiver driver has been unloaded or not been loaded
- Currently active virtual machines accessing the Apple® IR Receiver directly
- The IR Receiver hasn't been detected by OS X due to a common, USB-related SMC issue
- The Mac® doesn't have a built-in IR Receiver
Remote Control Diagnostics System Requirements
A Mac® with a supported, built-in Apple® IR Receiver. Mac OS® X 10.4, 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7. Extended information is available only under OS X 10.6 and later.