Any of the following can cause the closure of a connection:
- A respective setting in the energy saving options of the "Bluetooth Receiver" in Remote Buddy - to be found under Preferences > Hardware > Bluetooth Receiver
- A long press on the PS button of the remote control. The BD Remote does then close the Bluetooth connection by itself
- Leaving the range of the the remote control
- A low battery power level
- A too strong shielding of the Bluetooth receiver in your Mac (for example when your Mac is housed in a shelf or rack). We have one user report of shielding leading to dead spots, in which the Bluetooth connection breaks together.