Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

24.01.2009 17:18:07
Re: Plex added native Harmony Remote

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi Felix, 
Again, thanks for quick turn around on 1.11.5 (rev b). I did have to download the dmg again from the site, stop RB and reinstall over my original copy.

Once I did that, the remote events are firing correctly now!

In reply to Tom and the best setup to make this all happen.

1. Enable Support for Multiple Remotes 
2. Setup your logical remotes by hitting buttons on your Harmony until all the remote codes show up 150-160 (159 is skipped). 
3. Map IDs to Logical remotes so it looks like this: 
http://forums.plexapp.com/uploads/monthly_01_2009/post-225-1232488197.png 
4. Go to mappings and for each logical remote you have to map each button to its corresponding virtual remote button like this: 
http://forums.plexapp.com/uploads/monthly_01_2009/post-225-1232484889.png

This will enable RB to pass through the IDs to PlexHelper and then on to Plex.

In Plex the settings should be System > Settigns > Input device > Harmony & Always running checked

I agree that some kind of virtual harmony remote setup that encapsulates all this complexity would help. If that can't be done, maybe just a button that would auto map each logical remote with corresponding virtual remote buttons, it takes a long time to map all the buttons.

Or is there a way to pass my mapping on to other people?

Thanks again Felix for the great support! 
Ryan 

Thread-display::