Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

15.02.2011 09:46:38
Re: Applescript to change EyeTV audio options?

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi Andrew,

I thought I'd weigh in on this for the benefit of anyone who searches for a solution to a similar issue but for whom a simple upgrade doesn't work.

I had a similar problem with EyeTV where it wouldn't grab the HDMI port of my 2010 Mac Mini, instead defaulting to the built-in speaker. My solution was thus: open Keyboard in System Preferences and click on Application Shortcuts. Click on the "plus" icon and select EyeTV from the Application drop-down menu, enter the name of the menu item for Menu Title—in your case it should be "Digital Out"—and finally enter a key combination (but be sure to pick something that EyeTV isn't already using!). Now, when your Harmony remote sends its signal, have Remote Buddy send a keystroke for the shortcut you assigned in EyeTV and the audio output will switch.

Naturally this also works for any other menus (in any app) that you want to control with Remote Buddy.

Last edited: 15.02.2011 09:47:53 

Thread-display::