Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

11.06.2011 10:59:27
Re: Controlling Behaviour Priorities

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
My situation:

I have written a new Behaviour in the Behaviour Construction Kit (B.C.K.). I would really prefer it to also "support background control". But be chosen by Remote Buddt in a preference that is higher than Spotify.

"Behaviour Factory" in B.C.K has checkboxes / settings to individually configure each new custom behaviour. Its the "Specification and metadata" tab. There is no setting that says exactly: "background control". However there is this 1 checkbox:

[X] Handle application in background with priority [ 1024 ] (1024 min, -1024 max)

Question 1:

Does this option allow me to make my own custom behaviour take a higher background priority than Spotify? I mean - is this the correct setting to affect these background Behaviour Priorities within Remote Buddy?

Question 2:

If Q1=yes, then what number should be entered into the box to ensure the priority is greater than (eg Spotify)?

If Q1=no, then how else can we move Spotify to a lower priority, given that its pre-built as an official behaviour? If necessary, would it help to duplicate / replace the Spotify Behaviour with 2nd custom behaviour?

Question 3:

Do all behaviours with background background (for example iTunes, FrontRow and so on) have the same background priority? Or are they each set to some default, but unique priority arrangement? For example, will iTunes always override FrontRow, or visa-versa?

Many thanks. 

Thread-display::