Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

24.01.2012 22:54:01
Re: Logitech Harmony does not sleep Mac Mini once Remote Buddy is running

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Sorry, but I have already answered your question in my previous post. In all shortness:

1) the Logitech Harmony sends a long button press to the Mac Mini to put it to sleep. There is no other way to do this over IR.

2) Remote Buddy allows its users to map short and long button presses individually - including the button whose long button press the Harmony uses.

3) By default, said long button press is not *globally* mapped to the sleep action, because most people prefer to use it to access additional functionality.

4) If you want to put your Mac Mini to sleep in reaction to said long button press (which is the only mechanism available to the Harmony Remote), follow the instructions I posted as part of my previous answer to hardwire said long button press to the sleep action.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

Thread-display::