Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

23.10.2013 23:20:01
Re: Remote Buddy & XBMC & OS X 10.9 Mavericks

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks everybody for the feedback.

An update has been in the works for some time and is on its way (=> please also see my blog post from yesterday).

Preparing for a major new release of OS X is not as easy as some may think, though:

1) The pre-releases developers get from Apple usually still have issues that you need to identify, file bugs against and hope for them to get fixed (I’ve been lucky in that regard. Thanks Apple!)

2) New pre-releases often fix known problems, but can also add new ones.

3) Extensive tests are run against the Golden Master (GM) build, which, like the pre-releases before it, often fixes bugs and adds new bugs to OS X.

4) For Mavericks, Apple silently (!) released a new (!) GM only days before release, with no documentation on what has changed. So I needed to run all tests again. Since there is no way of automating tests with hardware remote controls across a wide range of different Mac models and OS X releases, this is a very time consuming process, that couldn’t be finished in time for Tuesday’s announcement and immediate release of OS X Mavericks.

A lot of work has gone and continues to go into preparing another FREE update for Remote Buddy to now support the SIXTH major release of OS X since Remote Buddy 1.0 was released in 2006. I’ve released all updates for FREE for what is now 7 years and continue to try my best to serve Remote Buddy’s user base, regardless of when they bought their copy.

I agree that it would have been nice to have the update ready even before Mavericks is released. And if it wasn’t for the new, final GM, chances are the update would already be available for download.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

Thread-display::