Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

25.07.2014 17:45:01
Re: Candelair/Remote Buddy troubles with OS X Yosemite Public Beta

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for the feedback!

The current version of Candelair is signed with a Developer ID that lacks a special flag that Yosemite now requires for kernel extensions to load. I've already applied for and recently received a new Developer ID from Apple with this flag set, so this issue will be addressed shortly.

Please see "OS X Yosemite" in this blog post for a workaround: 
http://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/185/Remote-Buddy-1-25-adds-support-for-Harmony-Smart-Control-providing-control-over-100-Mac-apps-and-what-else-is-new/

Your second problem - that the PS3 remote won't work - is linked to the first: Bluetooth support in Remote Buddy is currently only available when the Candelair kernel extension is installed and loaded. Using the workaround from the blog post above should bring back Candelair - and thus Bluetooth support.

I'm already testing a new version of Candelair that's signed with the new Developer ID and so far it works great. Since I have to maintain backwards compatibility, it'll take some more tests before I can release that version, though.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

Thread-display::