Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

22.11.2014 17:12:10
Re: Trouble setting remote buddy to work with Harmony Smart

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi Felix,

you advice was great, what you posted got me thinking that all i needed to do was add the required Devices to the Remote buddy Activity and then check the mapping of the keys to ensure they control the device i wanted. Guess what it worked. It took around an hour to remap some of the keys as adding the devices (TV & Receiver) some keys were automatically mapped to them.

I left the volume key mapped to the audio receiver and then changed the other keys so they were mapped to Remote buddy (adding the TV and Audio changed the mapping), after fixing this everything worked as i had originally intended. A lot less complicated, less time consuming and conveinent than the 10 apple remote method. Now I'd like to map the Green ,Blue, Red and Yellow keys to directly launch applications whilst using the remote buddy activity, can this be done and how.

BTW I have also paired the Harmony bluetooth keyboard which also needs re-mapping, it works but the trackpad is not active. but to get it to work i had to add either a device as Plex or a device as Apple computer. I'm a little lost how to get both working smoothly with Remote buddy.

Once again thanks Felix for your help. 

Thread-display::