Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

11.01.2007 06:55:54
Problem with Keyspan Express Remote and fast user switching
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I just added a Keyspan Express Remote (URM-17A) to my Intel iMac, and I've run into a problem with the 1.0 Preview 12 (RC1). Two folks use the iMac, each with a license for RemoteBuddy. Whoever logs in first can use the Express Remote, and the second user either gets an empty white box, or a dialog that says that the Express Remote is in use and offers to uninstall the Keyspan driver.

The Keyspan driver has never been installed on this system, and running kextstat shows the only keyspan driver is KeyspanNHCI, which is used by their USB server. The system log shows

2007-01-10 20:57:49.527 Remote Buddy[1174] BulkUSBDeviceCommunicator: unable to open device. ret = e00002c5 
2007-01-10 20:57:53.170 Remote Buddy[1174] -[BulkUSBDeviceCommunicator dealloc]: error closing device - e00002cd

It looks like the first user's copy of Remote Buddy isn't releasing the Keyspan receiver when fast user switching is used.

-Barry 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Driver
User

12.01.2007 00:48:02
Re: Problem with Keyspan Express Remote and fast user switching
View

Hello Barry,

thanks for pointing me to this problem.

You're totally right with your assumption! I put a fix for that on 
the ToDo list.

Best regards, 
Felix 

User

12.01.2007 01:50:51
Re: Problem with Keyspan Express Remote and fast user switching
View

Thanks for the quick response. I'll leave the Express enabled on the wife's account and disabled on mine for now. I can live with fewer buttons :-)

-Barry