Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

18.03.2007 10:24:05
VLC Film Fullscreen on 2nd TV automatically
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello, is it possible to write a behaviour for VLC so i can start a movie with VLC with remote buddy and it will be displayed in full screen mode on the second monitor like TV. I can start VLC manually in full screen mode and then i have to drag the picture to the 2nd TV. So i would be great if it function automatically. Then I would be able to start a film from the sofa and look it on TV. Thanx 
User

18.03.2007 17:01:01
Re: VLC Film Fullscreen on 2nd TV automatically
View

Hello Kurt,

thanks for asking.

If you organize your movies in VIDEO_TS folders (search for VIDEO_TS 
to find relevant posts in the forum), Remote Buddy makes it very easy 
for you to launch movies full screen in VLC.

Regarding the second screen, though, this is something Remote Buddy 
can't influence. At least not directly. You could use the Screen 
Settings found in "Main Menu > System", though, to move the main 
screen to your second screen before starting playback. VLC seems to 
open its playback windows on the main screen by default and this 
should make it open its window on the screen of your choice.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

18.03.2007 21:34:15
View

- Chose Preferences, select the "Video" entry and then activate the "Fullscreen video output" option.

- While you are playing a video, select "Video/Video Device" and chose the screen you want to play the movie on.

These options should be sticky, so the next time you start a movie, playback should be started on the correct screen automatically.

HTH,

Lutz 

User

19.03.2007 09:17:07
View

thanx for your help. Fullscreen is not the problem. this make VLC sticky (in preferences-video), but not the videodevice? Perhaps the VLC-Version 0.8.6a has a bug? There is no TV choice in the preferences i think, only on top video-videodevice. Remote Buddy can start on 2nd, but the video always starts on main-screen. But a small success: If I change it manually from fullscreen (main) to 2nd TV (video-videodevice), there is no problem. It seems that the problem is that VLC can make 2nd TV sticky. The next VLC-start, i got always standard device in VLC, not 2nd TV. :-( any more help for VLC or any programmable hints for remote buddy or something for the to-do-list? :-) thanx 
But I think i need a VLC script, that makes the videostart automatically on 2nd TV?!

Last edited: 19.03.2007 09:35:23 

User

19.03.2007 09:43:31
View

oh, i got it :-) its a little bit hidden option in the vlc preferences. :-) 
Open preferences (Apple+,) 
Navigate to something like Interface > Main interface > macosx 
Type in 2 in the video device text-box

so the problem is solved. vlc now starts the movie with remote buddy in fullscreen mode on my TV right from my sofa. :D

thanx