Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

18.06.2009 01:37:23
3 Capability/Customization Questions
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Firstly, what a great application. Although I am using simply it is the perfect solution for my needs. I do have a few questions however.

I use RB to control iPhoto slideshows & itunes music. iPhoto displays sheet music images on an external display near my electronic drumkit. I have set up custom options for the navigation menu running on my iPod touch to control slideshow controls (Play/Pause, Stop Slideshow, Next Slide, Previous Slide) and iTunes playback controls (Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Fast Forward, Rewind)

Unfortunately although I have the external display orientated on its side (Portrait) my old Powerbook G4 does not support display rotatation therefore:

1. Is it possible to have the on screen menu's to be displayed rotated 90 degrees so that on my rotated monitor they appear the correct way up therefore easily readable?

If not is it possible to have the menu options appear on the iPod touch screen instead?

Also:

2. Is it possible to customize the menu's? I only require the following information when iPhoto's menu is active:

A list of iPhoto saved slideshows

3. In addition to question 1. Is it possible to force the menu to display on my external display by default instead of selecting each time i load.

I look forward to you replies.

Thank you. 
Paul.

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours - Support for iTunes® & AirPlay®
Configuration
General
User

18.06.2009 14:27:07
Re: 3 Capability/Customization Questions
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

1) You may be able to set display rotation at System Preferences > 
Displays. Remote Buddy itself doesn't implement any sort of rotation 
mechanism.

2) You can generally customize your menus at Prefs > Menu. With 
regards to the list of iPhoto albums, however: right now, a list of 
iPhoto albums is only available outside of the menu via triggering the 
respective action with your remote. Since this list of albums 
currently lives outside of the normal Remote Buddy menu, it can't be 
configured. Sorry.

3) Remote Buddy displays all menus on the display that you choose at 
Prefs > General.