Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

24.11.2009 21:16:15
kernel panic os x 10.6.2, could it be because of candelair?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Since upgrading to 10.6.2 (and upgraded candelair to 1.0.2, driver version 1.7.2) my macmini kernel paniced twice. I have no idea if candelair is actually causing it because it happend just randomly and I cant understand the logs. The only thing I know is that candelair is the only difference from before, haven't installed anything else since upgrading to snow leopard.

I pasted the logs here: http://dpaste.com/hold/124686/

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Last edited: 24.11.2009 21:17:57 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Driver
User

25.11.2009 09:48:37
Re: kernel panic os x 10.6.2, could it be because of candelair?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for the logs.

Short answer: 
This is not related to Candelair.

Long answer: 
This looks like an issue in the kernel to me. In both logs, the panic happens right in the kernel's own kernel_task:

-- snip -- 
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2287c6): "stack_alloc: kernel_memory_allocate"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1486.2.11/osfmk/kern/stack.c:168 
-- snap --

If Candelair was the cause of the panic, it would be included in the backtrace like this (example taken from Apple's technote linked to below):

-- snip -- 
Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies): 
com.apple.dts.driver.PanicDriver(1.1)@0x223aa000->0x223abfff 
-- snap --

Such a block, however, is entirely missing from your panic log.

Please be sure to submit these panic logs to Apple, so they are aware of it.

Since these panics occur in the memory management of the kernel, please also consider the possibility of bad, loose or failing RAM modules.

If you're interested, you can find more information on reading panic logs here: 
http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/technotes/tn2002/tn2063.html

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz