Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

05.12.2009 18:08:15
Problems with Custom Behaviours
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I've made my own custom behaviour for my browser (Opera), with much more control than the default for my needs. I also want to customize the context menu, and one problem I have is after editing the behaviours for a while, the actions stop showing in the left-hand list so I can't add my custom actions to the context menu list. It has shown up before, so there is a bug somewhere that makes it disappear. I've tried restarting remote buddy but can never get the actions back in that list (they *are* available Mapping...)

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Cheers, 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Configuration
User

07.12.2009 11:05:46
Re: Problems with Custom Behaviours
View

Thanks for asking.

In general, you really shouldn't create a duplicate for a Behaviour Remote Buddy already ships with. You can always add additional actions to existing Behaviours by selecting "Custom Actions…" in the popup at Prefs > Mapping.

Regarding your issue, I'm not sure whether I understood you correctly, but if I did, here's what might make things clearer:

It's important to distinguish between two different and internally completely separate items in the application:

a) the actions in the Behaviour Construction Kit

b) the actions in compiled and loaded Behaviours, even those you created with the Behaviour Construction Kit

While the actions in a) are available to you in the Behaviour Construction Kit, the actions in b) are not. These are already in compiled form.

If that's not the problem, please send me screenshots illustrating the problem, so that I can understand it better.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

08.12.2009 00:01:01
View

Thanks for asking.

Thanks for answering!

In general, you really shouldn't create a duplicate for a Behaviour Remote Buddy already ships with. You can always add additional actions to existing Behaviours by selecting "Custom Actions…" in the popup at Prefs > Mapping.

Well, my specific issue is that I use an beta build of Opera which has a different bundle identifier (com.operasoftware.Opera.WidgetRuntime) so I built my own behavior to target that bundle identifier. I have named it Opera 10.2 to try to distinguish it. I also disabled the Opera behaviour, though that has now disappeared in my prefs, I suspect because I have no com.operasoftware.Opera bundle installed.

a) the actions in the Behaviour Construction Kit

b) the actions in compiled and loaded Behaviours, even those you created with the Behaviour Construction Kit

While the actions in a) are available to you in the Behaviour Construction Kit, the actions in b) are not. These are already in compiled form.

Please see my screenshot:

http://yfrog.com/5dscreenshot20091207at224p

In Preferences > Menu I was able to add some actions I made (Wand, Toggle panel etc.) using the Behaviour Construction Kit to the context menu; there used to be an Opera 10.2 entry in the Item Library. But that has now disappeared so I cannot add more actions to my menu layout. I would simply like to be able to add more actions from my behaviour to the menu. Hope that shot describes the problem in enough detail. It worked OK for a bit then stopped.

Thank you!

User

15.12.2009 15:44:14
View

For whatever reason, the default behaviour for Opera has come back (with an old opera icon FWIW), and even though it is not active in the Preferences > Behaviours it has wiped out all my custom additions to my context menu. Not sure if the bundle identifier is different why this causes these problems?

Thank you.