Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

28.01.2010 02:44:52
Difficulties with full screen Plex
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi I'm using Plex 0.8.5 with the latest RB + driver 1.8.0. When I'm running Plex full screen, if I hold down the Menu button to get up the RB Menu, it appears on screen but flickers, also when i hit up or down, until I press the menu button again to dismiss it. It seems to be battling with Plex to be on top. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but any ideas? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Driver
User

28.01.2010 08:02:41
Re: Difficulties with full screen Plex
View

Thanks for asking.

Remote Buddy's menu is realized as a normal window with Cocoa views. It's rendered on screen by OS X like any other application. Which is why I don't think Remote Buddy contributes to this phenomen.

OS X, however, also provides means for applications to get exclusive - and faster - access to what is shown on a display. If that's the case, usually no other application's windows are shown on screen. This, for example, is the case with Front Row and - unless you disable an option in its prefs - Keynote.

Chances are Plex is using the same or a similar mechanism when in fullscreen mode. It could also be a graphics card driver issue. I really can't tell. Which version of OS X, which Mac model and which graphics card are you using (=> you can find all of that info in System Profiler.app)?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

29.01.2010 17:33:06
View

OS X 10.6.2

System:

Model Name: iMac 
Model Identifier: iMac5,1 
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo 
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz 
Number Of Processors: 1 
Total Number Of Cores: 2 
L2 Cache: 4 MB 
Memory: 3 GB

Graphics:

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600 
Type: GPU 
Bus: PCIe 
PCIe Lane Width: x16 
VRAM (Total): 256 MB 

User

11.02.2010 14:36:29
View

I've just discovered that if i disable "use true fullscreen view" in the advanced settings, then Remote Buddy has no difficulty going on top. Don't know what other problems this might have though (ie if Growl superimposes), so will keep an eye on it.