Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

28.02.2010 20:34:47
Hotkey Assign Question
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have arranged four application icons across my desktop to toggle through and open upon selection. If I highlight one it allows me to toggle through the four apps by pressing left and right via remote, but how do I set the behavior to open the app (cmd + O)?

I am using a PS3 BD remote with my Mac Mini. I toggle through the apps using left and right cursor and would like to launch the selected app by pressing enter. I am aware that the menu makes this possible, but I would like to employ this as an additional option. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
User

02.03.2010 08:29:46
Re: Hotkey Assign Question
View

Thanks for asking.

You could add a custom action that executes the Cmd + O keystroke. For step-by-step instructions on creating custom actions and complete Behaviours of your own, please see the How-To section of the Remote Buddy Help. You may also find the video on the Behaviour Construction Kit - available on the Remote Buddy website's Videos section - useful in that context.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

03.03.2010 00:38:40
Re: Hotkey Assign Question
View

Yes but don't you have to bind these actions to a specific application? I saw in the video you are required to drag and drop an application to the behavior. If Im wanting to do this on the desktop outside of an application is it still possible?

Thanks for all your work, I will be purchasing before my trial expires. I mentioned your software in my Youtube tutorial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7-vcS5SMvU 

User

03.03.2010 17:18:46
Re: Re: Hotkey Assign Question
View

Thanks for asking. Please see my answers below.

Yes but don't you have to bind these actions to a specific application?

Custom actions can only be added to particular Behaviours. But you can mark them as being available globally and then assign them to any button in any mapping table.

I saw in the video you are required to drag and drop an application to the behavior.

The video deals with the Behaviour Construction Kit, which is for the construction of new Behaviours.

In contrast, custom actions allow you to add actions to existing Behaviours and are available right at Prefs > Mapping > [Behaviour] at the end of the action selection popups.

If Im wanting to do this on the desktop outside of an application is it still possible?

If the UI element you want to send a keystroke to currently has focus - or you have a way to make it have focus: sure.

Thanks for all your work, I will be purchasing before my trial expires. I mentioned your software in my Youtube tutorial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7-vcS5SMvU

Thanks for your support!

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz