Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

19.05.2010 06:26:55
RB fails to update if app location is other than the default
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
When trying to update RB, the update fails if RB is placed somewhere else than the default location. I have several dozens of apps grouped by folder "Graphics" "Web" "Games" "Utilities" so that's why RB isn't in the Applications folder. A fix is appreciated. 
User

21.05.2010 08:45:31
Re: RB fails to update if app location is other than the default
View

Thanks for asking.

Remote Buddy is built to support any installation directory and to allow updates there. It doesn't require any particular installation location.

What is important though: 
- the user you're logged in as needs to have permission to change files in that directory 
- non-latin characters in the path *could* lead to a problem with the shell tools used by the updater. What's the full name of the path you have installed Remote Buddy in?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

21.05.2010 09:26:51
Re: RB fails to update if app location is other than the default
View

I just retested it and it seems to work fine. It might have been a permissions issue. If I see an issue with a future update, I'll let you know. Thanks