Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

13.11.2010 19:41:22
Cogesignatur damaged!
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi 
Ii i start Remote Buddy i recieved the message that the codesignature of Remote Buddy is damaged. It says that i do delete the actual Version and download the new version and install it. But with the newest Version the same Problem is comimg.. 
Is there a solution for the Problem? 
Im sorry for my english... 
User

15.11.2010 12:08:11
Re: Cogesignatur damaged!
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello Jean-Luc,

thanks for your email.

As background info:

The code signature is verified by OS X to allow or deny an application the use of APIs (like opening a port and offer HTTP services as is needed by Remote Buddy for AJAX Remote) and avoid unnecessary "are you sure you want to do X?" requesters as well as unnecessary setup for the user. So, signing an application under OS X offers a lot of benefits for both security and ease of use.

If, however, the signature of an application is broken, OS X will deny an application access to all of these APIs, which in the case of Remote Buddy may render certain features - like the AJAX Remote - unusable, no matter how you configure your system or Remote Buddy. Since this can result in a massive and unnecessary waste of time for both users and support, Remote Buddy is pro-active about this and will inform you when the signature is reported as broken by the system.

Regarding your issue in particular:

Please make sure you've downloaded Remote Buddy from our website and that you've directly copied it out of the download DMG file into your /Applications folder. Storing a code signed application on another partition that doesn't support Apple's filesystem attributes may result in the code signature to be broken.

To debug the issue, please enter the following commands into Terminal.app (press return after each line) and either post the results here or send them to me at info - a t - iospirit d-o-t c o m:

md5 "/Applications/Remote Buddy.app/Contents/MacOS/Remote Buddy"

codesign -dvvvv "/Applications/Remote Buddy.app"

codesign -vvvv "/Applications/Remote Buddy.app"

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz