Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

29.11.2010 07:41:29
Can't see the RB menu on my Panny Plasma
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi there,

I'm using RB with Plex on my 42" Panny Plasma, and while Plex is in fullscreen mode, and I access the RB menu, all I get is a flicker, but I can't see the menu. it's there, because I then go down once and select (that happens to be the "Toggle Fullscreen" option), and when Plex goes out of FS mode, the menu appears and becomes visible.

What is the issue here?

Fauzi 

User

02.12.2010 21:11:11
Re: Can't see the RB menu on my Panny Plasma
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

Remote Buddy's menu is just a regular window, which by itself can't flicker.

Some applications write directly into the frame buffer memory of the graphics card when running in full screen mode to increase performance. If they do so without locking the screen for exclusive access first, they'll inevitably run into conflict with the regular OS X windowing system - which otherwise manages the frame buffer's content and which is responsible for compositing all window's content into it. You'll only notice this conflict when another window is to be displayed on top of the full screen window of the application writing directly into the frame buffer without locking - which seems to be what's happening here given your problem description.

The fix in this case would be for Plex to obtain a lock on the screen before writing directly to its frame buffer, thus avoiding conflicts with the regular OS X windowing system. That's what f.ex. Front Row and Keynote do. There's nothing Remote Buddy can do about it or that can be done by Remote Buddy about it.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz