Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

10.05.2011 05:02:49
Wiimote won't reconnect after running for a while, then Remote Buddy won't relaunch after quit.
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'm running remote buddy v 1.16.6 on mac os 10.5.8 on a 2.0ghz Intel Macbook. I use a Wiimote to control Plex, and have the commands set under global mapping. The preferences are set to put the Wiimote to sleep after 25 minutes of inactivity.

The problem I'm having is after the Wiimote has been connected at least once and is then idle for a while, it will fail to reconnect again. After this happens, if I quit Remote Buddy, it won't relaunch until I restart the computer. If I click on the icon in the quick launch menu, the icon won't bounce. It rarely makes it past 5 reconnects before this failure happens.

Any ideas on a cause or fix? Thanks. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

24.05.2011 17:48:02
Re: Wiimote won't reconnect after running for a while, then Remote Buddy won't relaunch after quit.
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

I'm running remote buddy v 1.16.6 on mac os 10.5.8 on a 2.0ghz Intel Macbook. I use a Wiimote to control Plex, and have the commands set under global mapping. The preferences are set to put the Wiimote to sleep after 25 minutes of inactivity.

Please send or post a screenshot of Prefs > Hardware > Bluetooth.

The problem I'm having is after the Wiimote has been connected at least once and is then idle for a while, it will fail to reconnect again.

This sounds like a low battery problem.

Have you tried with new batteries? 
When you press buttons 1+2 together, how many LEDs are flashing? 
When the remote is not connected and you press any button, do the LEDs flash, too?

After this happens, if I quit Remote Buddy, it won't relaunch until I restart the computer. If I click on the icon in the quick launch menu, the icon won't bounce. It rarely makes it past 5 reconnects before this failure happens.

When this happens, can you see Remote Buddy in Activity Monitor.app? If yes, please select it, click on Analyze and copy and paste the generated report.

Are you using any system tuning or "cleanup" tools (like CleanMyMac) on your Mac that might modify Remote Buddy or "hidden" system settings in general?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz