Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.07.2011 23:55:57
Main menu personal profile deleted (emptied) after update to 1.18
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
After updating to latest version of remote buddy the remote buddy main menu is empty. It doesn't have any of my menu items anymore. How do I restore it?

Last edited: 29.07.2011 13:35:15 

User

31.07.2011 10:37:43
Re: Main menu personal profile deleted (emptied) after update to 1.18
View

I did nothing but updating the software. I still use snow leopard and right before updating to 1.18 my personal profile worked. Can you help me restore it, Felix? 
User

01.08.2011 15:49:01
View

Thanks for asking.

Remote Buddy has no code capable of deleting its own preferences. Since it saves its preferences in the default location using the standard OS X API for preferences, it can, however, be affected by shortcomings of this system like any other application. One of these shortcomings that I experienced often with Apple Mail in the past is that, when your hard drive is full, and the preferences file is rewritten by the OS X preferences subsystem, it can end up empty and your settings are lost.

Your Remote Buddy menu preferences are stored at ~/Library/Preferences/com.iospirit.remotebuddy.menuprofiles.plist. To restore that file, quit Remote Buddy, then use Time Machine to restore the file - or copy it over from another backup you have.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

01.08.2011 22:52:39
View

thanks so much. I knew there was a file somewhere that I could restore with time machine. Just didn't know where. Worked like a charm.