Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

20.08.2011 12:15:16
Lion Kernel Panic
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Upgraded to lion in hopes of fixing my PS3 BT Remote, that failed.

Fresh install of Lion on formatted drive, installing remote buddy and rebooting gets a kernel panic on boot. Have to boot using install disk and remove the offending iospirit ktext

Screenshot: http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4658/imag0053z.jpg

Without ktext I cant use BT remotes :(

Any thoughts? 
-R 

User

20.08.2011 15:38:01
Re: Lion Kernel Panic
View

Thanks for asking.

When I previously asked you about your Mac model and OS version, you answered

OSX Server 10.6.2 / Intel, model not applicable

Does this mean your machine isn't actually a Mac?

Since I haven't received any other reports of kernel panics - and both the driver version 1.18.1 and Lion are out for some time now - this could very well be a problem of using OS X on a non-Apple machine. Provided, of course, that you're in fact running OS X on non-Mac hardware.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

25.08.2011 19:28:07
Re: Lion Kernel Panic
View

I'm getting the exact same panic, and in my case we're definitely talking about a hackintosh (no need to be shy!). deleting the RBIOKitHelper kext resolved the panic, and so far I don't appear to need the driver for anything I was using RB for (I use a real Apple IR sensor and remote). I don't know if you consider the hackintosh community customers you can really support, so I don't expect you to come running with a resolution. I assume the variables involved make it a lot more difficult, though I know RB gets recommended a lot within hackintosh communities. anyway, just so you know, this appears to be reproducible and recent.

for those having the same issue - the only thing i could remotely trace it to was upgrading the bootloader to tonymac's chimera 1.5, i can't think of anything else that changed between the last successful boot and the panic.

Last edited: 25.08.2011 19:30:59