Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

25.02.2012 00:00:53
Mapping behavior is no longer configurable for EyeTV
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have a Mac Mini media center using Remote Buddy express to control Plex and EyeTV from my Harmony One remote. All was going along fairly smoothly until behavior settings stopped responding in EyeTV. In fact, remote buddy gets locked up whenever I try to make any changes in the EyeTV behaviors. I have tried reinstalling RB, but each time it comes back up in the same settinog with no control over EyeTV behaviors. How can I fix this to be able to set application specific behaviors in EyeTV. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

25.02.2012 15:22:01
Re: Mapping behavior is no longer configurable for EyeTV
View

Thanks for your report.

Of course, what you observed is not the expected or normal behaviour. To investigate further on what is happening, I'll, however, need more information from you:

1) When the hang occurs, please start /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app (AM), select "Remote Buddy" from the list, then select "Inspect process" from AM's toolbar or AM's menu. Please cut and paste the result and send it to me.

2) Please provide information on what versions of Remote Buddy, EyeTV and OS X you're using, as well as what Mac model you're using.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz

Am 25.02.2012 um 00:00 schrieb Gary Westendorf:

I have a Mac Mini media center using Remote Buddy express to control Plex and EyeTV from my Harmony One remote. All was going along fairly smoothly until behavior settings stopped responding in EyeTV. In fact, remote buddy gets locked up whenever I try to make any changes in the EyeTV behaviors. I have tried reinstalling RB, but each time it comes back up in the same settinog with no control over EyeTV behaviors. How can I fix this to be able to set application specific behaviors in EyeTV.

[standard mail footer removed]

User

25.02.2012 21:35:15
View

Hello Felix, Thank you for responding. I am a new Apple convert. For years i have used Windows PC and am reasonably skilled. As retired semiconductor ATE engineer, I have taken on this Media Center project which contains the following: 
• Mac Mini - 2.5GHz Intel CPU, Lion OSX 10.7.3 (11D50b) 
• EyeTV Hybrid - Version 3.5.4 (6786) 
• Plex - version 0.9.3.4 
• Logitech Harmony One 
• Remote Buddy Express - version 1.20

I believe that the preferences for RB are corrupted and are not being removed when I moved the application to the trash can and then emptied it. Reloading RB then reloads all preferences including those corrupted in EyeTV. I will try a deinstall application and see if this works.

Here is the log file you requested:

/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/MacOS/Remote Buddy Express 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/Frameworks/RemoteBuddyServices.framework/Versions/A/RemoteBuddyServices 
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL 
/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security 
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib 
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit 
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_network.dylib 
/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib 
/usr/lib/libxar-nossl.dylib 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/CoreUI 
/System/Library/Frameworks/GSS.framework/Versions/A/GSS 
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib 
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGFXShared.dylib 
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib 
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib 
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCVMSPluginSupport.dylib 
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCoreVMClient.dylib 
/private/var/folders/b2/dp4fzqc92gv6bv4p7jt983n00000gn/C/mds/mdsDirectory.db 
/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/sRGB Profile.icc 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/DVDPlayer.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/DVDPlayer 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Librarian.framework/Versions/A/Librarian 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/QuickTime Player 7.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Player 7 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/Preview.rbbehaviour/Contents/Resources/Preview105Plugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Preview105Plugin 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Ubiquity.framework/Versions/A/Ubiquity 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChunkingLibrary.framework/Versions/A/ChunkingLibrary 
/Users/garywestendorf/Library/Caches/com.iospirit.remotebuddyexpress/com.apple.opencl/com.apple.ocl.32.maps 
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCoreFSCache.dylib 
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcldcpuengine.dylib 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/Preview.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/Preview 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/Reader.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/Reader 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/Plex.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/Plex 
/usr/share/icu/icudt46l.dat 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SArtFile.bin 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/PhotoBooth.rbbehaviour/Contents/Resources/PhotoBooth105Plugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/PhotoBooth105Plugin 
/private/var/folders/b2/dp4fzqc92gv6bv4p7jt983n00000gn/C/com.apple.LaunchServices-034501.csstore 
/Users/garywestendorf/Library/Caches/com.iospirit.remotebuddyexpress/com.apple.opencl/com.apple.ocl.32.data 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/Keynote.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/Keynote 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/Acrobat.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/Acrobat 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/RealPlayer.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/RealPlayer 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/VLC.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/VLC 
/System/Library/Keyboard Layouts/AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle/Contents/Resources/AppleKeyboardLayouts-L.dat 
/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.IntlDataCache.le.kbdx 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/PhotoBooth.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/PhotoBooth 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/QuickTime Player.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Player 
/System/Library/Components/AppleScript.component/Contents/MacOS/AppleScript 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMC.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/XBMC 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/Boxee.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/Boxee 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/PowerPoint.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/PowerPoint 
/System/Library/Extensions/AudioIPCDriver.kext/Contents/Resources/AudioIPCPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AudioIPCPlugIn 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/PlugIns/Tunes.rbbehaviour/Contents/MacOS/Tunes 
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHALPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAHALPlugIn 
/Library/QuickTime/EyeTV MPEG Support.component/Contents/MacOS/EyeTV MPEG Support 
/Applications/Remote Buddy Express.app/Contents/Resources/SnowLeopardPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SnowLeopardPlugin 
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/ImageFormats/unorm8_bgra.dylib 
/private/var/db/mds/messages/se_SecurityMessages 
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/HIToolbox.rsrc 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleScript.framework/Versions/A/AppleScript 
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.rsrc 
/System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/StandardAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/StandardAdditions 
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppleShareClientCore.framework/Versions/A/AppleShareClientCore 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSRP.framework/Versions/A/AppleSRP 
/System/Library/Fonts/LucidaGrande.ttc 
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras2.rsrc 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ArtFile.bin 
/System/Library/Fonts/Helvetica.dfont 
/System/Library/Components/CoreAudio.component/Contents/MacOS/CoreAudio 
/usr/lib/dyld 
/private/var/db/dyld/dyld_shared_cache_i386 
/dev/null 
->0xffffff800c53c6b0 
->0xffffff800c53c6b0 
count=1, state=0x2 
/Users/garywestendorf/Library/Saved Application State/com.iospirit.remotebuddyexpress.savedState/data.data 
->0xffffff800d0ba1f8 
->0xffffff800e6e6968 
->0xffffff800e6e44b0 
->0xffffff800e6e5838 
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/HIToolbox.rsrc 
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.rsrc 
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras2.rsrc 
/Users/garywestendorf/Library/Caches/com.iospirit.remotebuddyexpress/com.apple.opencl/com.apple.ocl.32.maps 
/Users/garywestendorf/Library/Caches/com.iospirit.remotebuddyexpress/com.apple.opencl/com.apple.ocl.32.data 

User

25.02.2012 21:48:02
View

Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, that's not the information I was looking for. Turns out I had the wording in my previous post incorrect and what I actually meant is this ("sample" vs. "inspect", emphasis added as uppercase):

"When the hang occurs, please start /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app (AM), select "Remote Buddy" from the list, then select "SAMPLE process" from AM's toolbar or AM's menu. Please cut and paste the result and send it to me."

Sorry for that!

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz