Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

12.03.2012 15:21:49
System volume keeps changing when I don't want it to
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I love my Remote Buddy but many times when I am using it, the system volume on my iMac adjusts as I am scrolling through the Remote Buddy menus or using the remote to mouse track. In other words, if I use the up / down buttons on the remote to scroll up /down through the Remote Buddy menu my system volume increases and decreases as I do so. Same with the mouse tracking feature.

I haven't modified anything. Everything is still set to default. What am I doing wrong? 

User

14.03.2012 08:23:01
Re: System volume keeps changing when I don't want it to
View

Thanks for asking.

When system volume changes, does OS X' volume indicator come up, too? 
(as pictured f.ex. here: http://www.mactalk.com.au/11/74301-one-goes-one-hundred-eleven-fine-tuning-os-x-volume.html)

Do you have Remote Buddy's driver (Candelair) installed?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

15.03.2012 02:49:45
View

Thanks for replying.

Yes, the OS X' volume indicator does come up as the volume changes. Actually, I think the problem has solved itself. I found that the problem occurs when I initiate Remote Buddy after having already opened an application from the desktop and then halfway through using it switch over to using Remote Buddy. I have found that if I initiate Remote Buddy without any applications open and open them through the remote menu everything is fine and dandy. It may not even be all applications but only one or two of them or maybe some odd combination of them I occasionally use. Make sense?

Anyway, that's what works for me. So I'm happy! 

User

15.03.2012 08:52:01
View

Thanks for the info.

Chances are the other apps try to access the Apple Remote as well.

Without Candelair installed, Remote Buddy is affected by the same limitations, conflicts and shortcomings of the stock OS X Apple IR Receiver driver as every other app that wants to access it.

With Candelair, Remote Buddy gets guaranteed, direct access to what the Apple IR Receiver receives. If you haven't installed Candelair yet, I recommend giving it a try.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz