Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

13.03.2012 03:48:21
PS3 remote disappears after wake
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
10.7.3 Mac Mini 2011

If I wake the Mini with the PS3 remote, it disappears from RemoteBuddy (yet still connected and on via Bluetooth to the system).

http://cl.ly/1t2M0T233c2a0E0e1Q14/Screen%20Shot%202012-03-12%20at%2010.42.13%20PM.png

If I wake the system by other means (WoL, my Bluetooth keyboard), it will disappear (looking like above) but about 30 seconds later come back. RemoteBuddy will say "Press any button on your BD remote"

Any reason why this is happening? 10.7.3 fixed the keycode problem I was having previously but now this new cropped up. Thanks for your help! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

12.04.2012 17:01:28
Re: PS3 remote disappears after wake
View

Just a little more info. I see this in the console after wale:

4/12/12 10:58:01.137 AM com.apple.launchd: (com.iospirit.candelair.sync) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

I've noticed that it's very intermittent. Sometimes it comes back quickly, sometimes it takes a few minutes and sometimes it never comes back. If I restart RemoteBuddy, it comes back immediately. Any idaes?

User

21.04.2012 10:42:02
View

Thanks for reporting this issue.

It took a while, but I could eventually reproduce the issue. What happens is that OS X notifies Remote Buddy that Bluetooth's power state has changed. But when Remote Buddy then asks OS X what the current power state is (Bluetooth turned on or off), the information OS X returns is not always up to date, leading to what you observe.

The next release of Remote Buddy (1.21, scheduled for release this month) will now check the power state once per second for 60 seconds whenever it was notified about a Bluetooth power state change - which should address your problem.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

22.04.2012 03:18:21
View

Cool I'm glad I wasn't imagining it!! Thx for the update Felix!