Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

24.05.2012 06:36:24
Switching input tuners in EyeTV
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello all,

has anyone had any luck with creating an action/script to switch between input tuners in EyeTV? 
I find it a real drag to manually go through three or more menu levels in EyeTV to switch to my second tuner when something is recording on the first. It'd be great to be able to trigger it with one button.

Cheers 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

24.05.2012 07:55:57
Re: Switching input tuners in EyeTV
View

In EyeTV, while recording on one tuner, using the channel up/down buttons will not enable the second tuner. 
BUT, if you bring up the Channels menu, you can select another channel and it will be opened on the second tuner.

No need to setup anything in Remote Buddy. 

User

24.05.2012 09:07:50
View

Thanks David, that is helpful, it certainly cuts down the complexity quite a bit. 
But I still would like to be able to get this down to one click, and I have programmable buttons left on my harmony remote. 
I also discovered that just pressing channel buttons on the remote - EyeTV won't change tuners, it will only do it if I bring up Menu, then Channels and then select one there, which is still a bit cumbersome (but certainly better than Menu, More, Inputs, then selecting an input!) 
User

24.05.2012 13:32:02
Re: Re: Switching input tuners in EyeTV
View

I've made a custom action that uses the keyboard shortcuts for Picture in Picture On/Off and Picture in Picture Swap to swap between tuners:

Keystroke ctrl+shift+P (PiP On/Off) 
Delay 1.00 sec 
Keystroke ctrl+shift+S (PiP Swap) 
Delay 0.50 sec 
Keystroke ctrl+shift+P (PiP On/Off)

Then assign custom action to chosen button on remote. Works a treat for me on a Harmony 650.

On 24 May 2012, at 08:07, Marcus wrote:

Thanks David, that is helpful, it certainly cuts down the complexity quite a bit. 
But I still would like to be able to get this down to one click, and I have programmable buttons left on my harmony remote. 
I also discovered that just pressing channel buttons on the remote - EyeTV won't change tuners, it will only do it if I bring up Menu, then Channels and then select one there, which is still a bit cumbersome (but certainly better than Menu, More, Inputs, then selecting an input!)

[standard mail footer removed]

User

26.05.2012 06:08:50
View

Thanks Philip, that sounds great! 
I assume you've played with different delay settings and that's the fastest you can get it? 
User

29.05.2012 09:19:01
View

Yes you need the delays as the PiP actions are actually quite slow in EyeTV - any quicker and you're sending the next command before the PiP On/Off has finished and then it doesn't work. 
User

29.05.2012 10:08:42
View

Yeah t'is as I thought.

Although interestingly those settings are still too quick for me! It's turns PiP on fine, and switches between them fine, but doesn't turn PiP off - even with a 1.5 second delay. Although my mini is quite old, so is probably slower than yours!

It's fine like that though, becuase if I just hit the button again it switches PiP off.

Thanks again for your help, that's something that's been bugging me for ages about my setup.