Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.06.2012 14:30:55
MBP with Retina, PS3 remote "establishing connection" hang
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have a new MacBook Pro with Retina + PS3 remote.

I was able to add the PS3 remote in the system preferences, and I try to add the remote in the setup wizard but it never connects...it just sits at "Pairing successful. Establishing connection..."

I'm using the built-in bluetooth.

Any ideas? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

26.06.2012 21:16:01
Re: MBP with Retina, PS3 remote "establishing connection" hang
View

Thanks for asking.

The discovery phase of OS X Lion takes a lot longer than in previous OS X releases. So long, in fact, that the BD Remote sometimes will go back to sleep before Remote Buddy even gets a chance to establish a connection to it.

The solution then is to simply press and hold the "Enter" and "Start" buttons again for about half a second to bring the BD Remote back online.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

26.06.2012 21:58:17
Re: MBP with Retina, PS3 remote "establishing connection" hang
View

thanks for the response :)

Actually I needed to reboot the laptop, then it prompted me to hit a button on the remote and everything is working now.