Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

01.07.2012 03:21:54
Map WiiMote buttons to specific key presses?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'm trying to find a good way to use my WiiMote as a video game controller. So far Remote Buddy seems to be the most well built application I can find, but the price is quite high so I'm just evaluating right now.

I can't seem to find a way to add specific key presses as commands for WiiMote buttons. 
Also, I'd like to be able to specify an application this happens under.

For example: 
I run "Awesome Game" and when I press "A" on my WiiMote I want that to press "Z" on my keyboard.

That simple. Is that possible?

Also, will Remote Buddy ever support the Nunchuk for the WiiMote? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
User

01.07.2012 11:06:01
Re: Map WiiMote buttons to specific key presses?
View

Thanks for asking.

Check out this 5 minute video for a complete, uncut walk-through of how to create a Behaviour for a new application with actions that send keystrokes of your choice (which is exactly what you're looking for):

http://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/videos/#behaviourconstructionkitintro

Regarding the Nunchuk: I generally can't comment on features of upcoming versions. Sorry.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

02.07.2012 01:51:21
Re: Map WiiMote buttons to specific key presses?
View

I followed that video and when I got to the "Compile and testdrive Scripted Behavior" I go back to my application the default behavior for my WiiMote is still in place. 
I tried "Compile, testdrive and permanently install" as well. I also closed and reopened Remote Buddy. 
The behaviors don't change from the defaults for the WiiMote and at no point does my new Behavior package show up under Behaviors in my Preferences.

I even tried making my Actions globally available and they don't show up.

So I guess my next question is, how do I get my Behaviors to show up in Remote Buddy?

EDIT: 
I tried Exporting my Behaviors and when I double clicked on that file it activated Remote Buddy and told me a previous version of that Behavior package was installed and did I want to Install anyway. I did, and it still doesn't show up in the list and it still doesn't activate on my application. 
:(

Last edited: 02.07.2012 01:54:05