Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

04.12.2013 20:36:21
Sony BD Remote and Mac mini 2012
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
After the last update, i can't wake up my mac mini 2012 with PS3 BD Remote. I need to wake it up any other way first. I disabled the AppNap for RB, but the problem still here.

Last edited: 04.12.2013 20:41:21 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
User

04.12.2013 22:12:01
Re: Sony BD Remoteand Mac mini 2012
View

Thanks for asking.

Waking your Mac with the remote is an OS level feature that Remote Buddy is not involved in.

Please go to System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced… and check that the option

"Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer“

is enabled.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

05.12.2013 04:15:24
View

This option is enabled. 
User

05.12.2013 11:58:01
View

Just for better understanding:

Waking the machine on a connection attempt from a paired Bluetooth device is a low-level feature of the OS X Bluetooth stack that applications have no involvement and no control over. It also has nothing to do with App Nap (in fact, being a low-level feature of the OS X BT stack, waking the machine with a paired Bluetooth device will even work if Remote Buddy is not running or even was uninstalled completely).

Unfortunately, if this feature of the OS X Bluetooth stack doesn’t work correctly on your machine, I pretty much have no way of debugging or addressing this issue, as it’s not happening inside my code.

Purely speculative, but: 
You may try to remove the remote from Remote Buddy Prefs > Hardware > Bluetooth Receiver (and only there) and perform pairing with the Setup Wizard again, in the hope that the OS X Bluetooth stack refreshes the device data it stores inside the Bluetooth chip, so that a connection attempt from it wakes your machine the next time.

For what it’s worth, waking my test Macs (including a Mac Mini) via a Sony BD Remote under Mavericks works without issues.

I’m sorry that I can’t really provide any help beyond this.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

05.12.2013 12:12:29
View

I understand you, but before the last update to 1.24.3 i did't experienced this problem. 
User

05.12.2013 13:18:02
View

The 1.24.3 update contained no changes with regards to Bluetooth. That code is identical and unchanged from previous releases.

I can send you an earlier version of your choice if you want, but since no changes were made and there isn’t even any API for applications to control the power/wakeup behaviour of Bluetooth devices, it shouldn’t make any difference.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz