Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

06.12.2014 17:10:44
Remote Buddy with Logitech Harmony Ultimate
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I recently got a Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote which has a touchscreen on the actual remote as well as buttons, and uses the Harmony Hub.

I am trying out the 30 day trial version for Remote Buddy and have set up everything as detailed on the FAQ. What I have comes across is that the Harmony Ultimate remote has no 'E' button which I am supposed to map to InstantRight and no physical '-/--' button either.

Is this going to cause any foreseeable issue with Remote Buddy if the remote doesn't have those buttons available to assign and so the commands are unassigned to the remote?

Thanks, 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

06.12.2014 22:10:01
Re: Remote Buddy with Logitech Harmony Ultimate
View

Thanks for asking.

Is this going to cause any foreseeable issue with Remote Buddy if the remote doesn't have those buttons available to assign and so the commands are unassigned to the remote?

No, none that I could think of. Remote Buddy simply never will receive a button press for these buttons, then, since your remote doesn't have them.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

07.12.2014 11:48:41
Re: Remote Buddy with Logitech Harmony Ultimate
View

Thanks very much Felix, much appreciated.

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Enjoying it so far and have finished following the instructions in the FAQ and so far as good.

Looking forward to purchasing soon. Will come back if I have any more Qs.

Thanks again!