Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

02.01.2015 18:53:36
Logitech Harmony Smart Control + Mac Mini
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I used the instructions at the following blog post and I was successful at pairing my Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Remote Buddy on my Mac Mini:

https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/HowTo-Set-up-the-Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-with-Remote-Buddy-and-control-100-Mac-apps-with-it/

I also have a PS3 which I would like to use with the Logitech Smart Control remote. Since Remote Buddy uses the PS3 device profile to connect the Logitech Smart Control to my Mac Mini, am I limited to using one or the other? That is, can I use my Logitech Smart Control remote to control my Mac Mini (Plex) and a PS3?

Thanks,

Nathanil 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

03.01.2015 14:37:01
Re: Logitech Harmony Smart Control + Mac Mini
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for bringing this up!

When I wrote that How-To, I wondered about the same thing. Turns out, if - in the Harmony app - you create a Sony PS3 device and activity per device, the Harmony Hub will actually connect to the different devices. I successfully tested this to control several, different Macs with a single remote and hub, so it should also work with a Mac and a PS3.