Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.06.2006 22:47:21
customizable menus
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Would it be possible to add in the ability to customize what options are displayed in the main menu (the one with apps, files, input devices etc)? I used my mac as mainly a media center, and it would be nice to quickly be able to get to folders I have set up for movies, music, tv, etc. Meaning, have a custom main menu with access to specific folders I choose in addition to the standard ones. I realize you can get to any folder through Files, but sometimes it's a pain to have to go hunting for a folder you use all the time, especially when it's on an external. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
User

27.06.2006 14:18:01
Re: customizable menus
View

Hello L M,

thanks for sharing your idea.

Customizable menus range high on the list of features I'll implement 
next. So this will very likely be possible in one of the next preview 
releases (or the final one).

Felix 

User

22.07.2006 20:38:53
View

Hello

I think this is a fantastic idea - i'm currently working on a project for the clifton suspenion bridge with an associate designer.

the project involves various hd quicktime movies playing out from a mini mac to a 42" plasma screen - which works great (in fact they look stunning).

however there is a problem, the vistors centre which displays the presentions is often staffed by people with very little IT/Mac experience and getting them to navigate the sub men's etc is a bit much for some of them even switching the mac on/off presents a problem.

so what better solution than remote buddy with the abilite to switch off menus.

we would be more then willing to offer this as a showcase for your site. as this is one of the englands most famous landmarks.

thanks for an amazing product

kind regards

nigel oddy/adrian andrews

User

08.08.2006 09:20:54
View

I agree with L... good idea.

So, rather than having to click Files>Volumes>Media HD>Folder Name we could just have a link to "Folder Name" within the menu structure. It'd be pretty handy, as that's what I use Remote Buddy for 99% of the time.

Also, I second the "always open in VLC at full screen" option. Great idea.

And btw, well done Felix on not being overwhelmed by all the feature requests! There's 100s here. Some really useful, some not such a good idea (I'm sure mine fall into both categories).

Thanks again for a great little app.

Last edited: 08.08.2006 09:22:31 

User

09.08.2006 16:29:02
Re: Re: customizable menus
View

Hey Marc,

thanks for all the suggestions.

Expect to see something very similiar (or maybe even easier to 
use ;-) in preview 6 or 7.

I consider every idea and feature request to be very helpful. I keep 
a list of all of them, prioritize them, combine them with others and 
my own ideas and then put it into code. So feedback is essential to 
the way I work and I really appreciate it .. please keep it coming, 
everybody :-)

Cheers, 
Felix