Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

20.08.2006 00:00:59
Suggestion for press and hold
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I love the product, and I have been playing around with the behaviour construction kit. The problem I have is with the functionality of the press and hold event with a key press actor. This actor gives you the choice of having the key repeatedly pressed, but from what I understand, it repeatedly presses the key as quickly as possible. I find this to be too fast when stepping forward or backward in a video. I'd like to see an input field for the actor where you could specify a delay between key presses. I know that there is a delay actor, but the key press actor seems stop the event from continuing on to the delay actor. Thank you. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
User

21.08.2006 13:37:02
Re: Suggestion for press and hold
View

Hello Andrew,

that's actually a pretty good idea. I've put it on the ToDo list.

Best regards, 
Felix 

User

09.01.2007 20:44:29
Re: Suggestion for press and hold
View

Hi Felix,

I'd like to second the request for this feature - specifying the repeat rate. I ran into this problem (and need) with the very first application I tried using RB with (Amazing Slow Downer - ronimusic.com ).

Great Product! I had been using Griffin's Proxi customization product, but it really didn't work the way I needed it to. RB does the trick!

Thanks, 
Phillip 

User

09.01.2007 23:34:02
Re: Re: Suggestion for press and hold
View

Hello Phillip,

thanks for letting me know.

This one is still on my list. I just didn't get around to it yet, 
sorry. But it's still on the list and still on my mind.

Best regards, 
Felix