Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

22.10.2006 11:04:36
Remote Buddy Front Row passthrough
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I've just downloaded the trial version of Remote Buddy and I think it's great. I was wondering, though, if a new feature could be added. Please, excuse my ignorance if it is already in place (I don't know everything the program does yet). This is the idea: I like to have direct access to Front Row by just pressing Menu on my remote. When Remote Buddy is running, accessing Front Row is a roundabout process requiring to navigate a few menus. Would it be possible for you to set up an option under Remote Buddy preferences to have Remote Buddy activating from the remote only by holding the menu button, say, for three seconds or something like that? That way, a short press of the menu button would launch Front Row and a long one would launch the Remote Buddy menus. Is this feasible at all?

Thanks for a great product.

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

General
User

22.10.2006 15:55:31
Re: Remote Buddy Front Row passthrough
View

I'm answering myself. I've just noticed that one can program the held state of keys oneself. So I programed the held state of my remote menu button to start/end Front Row, and it just works. Wunderbar!

I was wondering, though if it is possible to program the +/- keys on a Keyspan RF Front Row remote under Remote Buddy so that any menus are entered the system increase/decrease volume will appear on screen, just as they do by default using the Apple remote on new Macs endowed with IR receivers. I've programmed those as volume increase/decrease, but instead of the loudspeaker transparent icon and small volume bar, there appears a large horizontal volume bar. Can this behavior be changed? 

User

23.10.2006 16:07:01
Re: Re: Remote Buddy Front Row passthrough
View

Hello Peter,

thanks for your input.

Right now, Remote Buddy does use its own visualization of the volume 
level as it is more "readable" from a bigger distance than the tiny 
squares of the default system bezels. To give you the choice among 
the two is definately already on my ToDo list, though. So you'll be 
able to do modify this behaviour in one of the next releases.

Best regards, 
Felix