Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview New topic

AuthorThread
EdS

24.02.2012 00:06:11
Developing a Action- Audio MIDI Set-up changes
Reply
Quote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'm new to RB and don't know all of the ins / Outs of the program functionality. I currently use a the Harmony (890) with a 2010 Mac Mini and I also use Plex. I use the MAC Mini for a HTPC linked to HDTV Plamsa and a AVR in the living room. I use the HTPC mainly to listen to music (80%) and other internet content and movies the other 20%. I also use iTunes and high resolution music files.

So, my question; is it possible to control the MAC Audio MIDI Set-up using remote Buddy and Harmony? Specifically, can I program an action (Macro) that changes the resolution and bit depth depending on the resolution of the music I select for listen? So, if the MIDI Audio set-up is currently set to 44.1k / 16 bit and I know I want to listen to a 192K / 24 bit file can I program an action that opens Audio MIDI Set-up, make the change, and then close MIDI to accept the changes.

It appears that this is possible (Based on what I have read thus far), but I just want to confirm and ask for help in thinking through the process to make program such an "action".

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed 

Felix

25.02.2012 15:27:02
Re: Developing a Action- Audio MIDI Set-up changes
Reply
Quote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

The functionality you're looking for is not part of Remote Buddy. There's no mechanism in Remote Buddy that could execute an extra action when you select a track to listen to from your iTunes library. And changing MIDI settings is also not part of Remote Buddy's feature set.

You can, of course, create your own, dedicated action and map that to a particular button - and then have that action execute AppleScript. I have no idea, though, whether you can achieve what you're looking for via AppleScript - and if it's possible, how that AppleScript would have to look like.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz