Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

16.08.2011 11:14:23
Feature requests / user feedback and good ideas.

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi Felix

I have been using/fine tuning remote buddy a lot lately and got some ideas about changes that would make the experience even better. Hope you like the suggestions :)

I think it would be useful if all the key mappings should be available in the item library such as “record” in EyeTV, and all menu items should be available as key mappings, such as the “music browser“ in iTunes etc.

You should be able to rename all menu elements, including “TV stations” and “Recordings”.

“Hide menu” should not be the first item in context menus. I never use it, so it would be nice not to have to skip it every time I need to select another item. It’s just an extra unnecessary press on the remote. Maybe it should be optional to have it in the context menu.

“Force quit” should not be the last item in the context menu. I use quit a lot more than force quit, so “quit” should be easier to acces (fewer presses) than force quit.

The remote buddy preferences window should be resizable. When using a lower res display (720p) the “use” and “close” buttons in the preferences>mappings>custom actions pane is behind the Dock and not accessible.

When creating a custom action including an applescript, a new window should appear for entering and editing the Applescript. Right now you can only see a small part of the applescript at a time due to the very narrow sourcecode text field.

The native sleep command/menu item in remote buddy should check to see if EyeTV is recording and then show a dialog with an option to “Sleep anyway” or “Cancel”. This way you can safely put the mac to sleep without having to close Plex and check to see if EyeTV is recording.

Right now I’m using a custom action that runs this applescript as a workaround.

___ 
tell application "EyeTV" 
if is_recording then 
display dialog "EyeTV still recording" with icon caution giving up after 5 
else 
delay 1 
tell application "System Events" to sleep 
end if 
end tell 
____

I hope you like the ideas. I really enjoy using RemoteBuddy and wouldn’t recommend anyone building a mac based media center without it. Keep up the good work. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours - Support for iTunes® & AirPlay®
Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Thread-display::