Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

22.10.2011 00:13:01
Re: RemoteBuddy re-ordering Login Items causing Finder to steal focus from Plex on startup

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for your feedback.

Remote Buddy re-creating the Launch Items every time was a bug and has been fixed with version 1.19.

When the issues caused by selecting "Hidden" in the Login Items came up first, I made Remote Buddy's menu detect and unhide the application at run time as necessary. It soon turned out, however, that this was not sufficient. In fact, there were more complex issues caused by selecting "Hidden", that users - IIRC even in this very forum - reported. The only viable fix for these issues is to re-create the entry and subsequently re-launch the application (which, unless the user selects "Hidden" again, only happens once). An info requester is not an option, because it, too, would be hidden and not be visible to the user.

If you're willing to live with possible side effects of having Remote Buddy launched hidden, please file a short support inquiry and I'll tell you how you can turn off this "auto-correction" in private. I've added that UI-less option to 1.19, too.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

Thread-display::