Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

18.11.2011 00:29:38
Plex 0.9.5 - remote is not the same anymore

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi all

After upgrading to plex 0.9.5, remote is strange. Common controls are working, but some are not, specially MENU HOLD. I cannot bring the context menu anywhere and cannot exit movie play by holding menu (I have to press menu once, and select on the STOP icon).

I thought it could be some configuration leftover, or that plex could have changed the controls itself, or the upgrade of the last remotebuddy with new support for plex could have changed something, but it seems now that it's really a bug.

I erased plex completely, upgraded remote buddy to the latest version (1.19.2), updated all behaviours (plex 0.9.5 support is installed), cleaned all the plex config files on my home dir (lib/app support/plex*) to make sure I had a really clean environment.

I started ONLY PLEX, NO REMOTEBUDDY. I can start plex pressing MENU, and all keys work as expected, INCLUDING the HOLD MENU, which works as always before.

I start Remote Buddy, select plex behaviour, the problems come back, with menu-hold not working (I think there is another combination not working, cannot remember now).

In the RB mappings menu, the menu-hold is set to NAVIGATION: MENU HOLD. If I set menu-hold to CONTEXT MENU, it works, and brings the context menu where it makes sense, but it kills the key anywhere else. I like having it set to Navigation/menuhold because it changes it's behaviour dinamicaly (like with no RB running).

Anyone else having the same problem?

The workaround for now is disable RB (I'm using it almost only for remapping plex keys nowadays).

Thanks, 
Andre

Edit: eeeewww, the remote works for some time dedicated to plex, then for some reason (i.e. you swtich to another application) it starts controlling volume and starting frontrow and itunes. after a reboot it comes back to plex only. It's not a problem as I start plex on login and it's dedicated to my TV, but on the notebook it's bad. Anyone knows how to control this behaviour without RB?

Last edited: 18.11.2011 00:44:01 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Behaviours - Support for iTunes® & AirPlay®
General
Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Thread-display::