Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

05.01.2012 15:38:18
Re: Remote Buddy deactivating behaviour straight after I select it - but only the first time after a reboot

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Ok, maybe that would explain it.

I have nothing specified in the application section of the behaviour (i.e. the bit where you can drag and drop an application into).

Instead I just execute some AppleScript (which launches and monitors Safari for my purposes) via a shell call to osascript in a 'Launch Safari' action that I created and assigned to the 'Activated' event for the behaviour.

I could probably bundle my AppleScript into an application using Automator and then drag it across and maybe then it would work, but that would mean that whenever I wanted to adjust my script I'd have to rebuild the app (or edit the contents of the bundle directly). Also, I pass command line arguments into the script, since I may want to use it in multiple contexts/behaviours and this is nice and easy using the method I have chosen.

Anyway, not a big deal really since I used the global switch to make behaviours 'stick' or I could use the method you suggest. Presumably if I set this sticky behaviour using AppleScript like you say then when the behaviour is activated then it stays until the behaviour is manually deactivated does it? I.e. I wouldn't need to explicitly turn it off with another AppleScript call or something? 

Thread-display::