Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

27.12.2011 11:45:33
Remote Buddy deactivating behaviour straight after I select it - but only the first time after a reboot

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Got a strange issue here and I've not found a way around it.

I'm using the latest Remote Buddy (paid up version) with OS X Lion 10.7.2, on a Mac Mini.

I've configured a behaviour which:

1) on manual activation runs some AppleScript to open Safari and navigate it to a specific page (On Manual Activation in BCK default mappings) 
2) on deactivation runs some AppleScript to quit safari (On Deactivation in BCK default mappings)

It works fine, except in one specific case - straight after I have restarted my Mac. In this scenario, choosing the behaviour from the Remote Buddy menu and choosing to activate it causes it to run both the activate and then straightaway the deactivate actions. So Safari simply opens and closes immediately.

I've proved this is the case because if I remove the action from "On Deactivation" in BCK default mappings, Safari stays open.

However, subsequent attempts to use this behaviour work normally.

Is this a known issue and if so is there a workaround?

I've tried:

- quitting and reopening Remote Buddy before trying the behaviour for the first time after a restart 
- opening and closing Safari manually before trying the behaviour for the first time after a restart

Neither help.

Last edited: 27.12.2011 11:47:30 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Configuration
Developers
General
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Thread-display::