Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

07.04.2012 23:02:20
Menu, Exit, Info buttons on Harmony remote for Plex with RB running aren't working as expected

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Setup: Mac Mini - Lion, Plex 0.9.5, Logitech Harmony 700 (using Logictech DB mappings for Plex)

First off, I'm using RB to get around the much loved "feature" in Lion where the wake using remote has been disabled. Without RB running all my keys on my harmony work as I expect them to:

- "Menu" pulls up the context menu 
- "Exit" executes the Plex prev command to go back a screen 
- "Info" executes the Plex info command 
- fast forward and rewind do just that.. fast forward and rewind

When RB is running and the Plex behavior is activated those behaviors change:

- "Menu" goes back a screen 
- "Info" goes direction up 
- "Exit" goes direction down 
- fast forward and rewind try to do volume down

I've read a lot of the posts on this forum and also read http://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/131/Remote-Buddy-and-Boxee-Plex-and-XBMC/ (Q: I'd like to use the Harmony remote mode of Plex.) and tried to make sense of it but to no avail.

In the mapping section of RB I can map the usual suspects to Plex activities and of course the Plex behavior already does a good job of this. However, how do I get the other keys of the Logitech Harmony 700 remote mapped or passed through as they normally are without RB running?

Essentially I'm looking for RB to wake up my mac when I press a key on the remote but I don't need any of the mappings -- that already works without RB running.

Any help is appreciated!

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
Thread-display::