Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

28.09.2014 10:26:22
Plex HT + Remote Buddy

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi!

I just followed the blog post on how to add remotebuddy to the Plex Harmony Smart Hub, using the PS3 BT controller trick. 
All seemed to be working well (I could correctly pair the remote to my Mac Mini and could see it showing up in the Remote Buddy preferences with all the key settings).

Yet, I cannot seem to figure out why it is not registering any of my keypresses at all. 
Nothing happens when I press a button on the remote, Plex isn't moving at all (Remote Buddy has Plex HT behaviour active).

I tried changing the remote input in my Plex HT settings, tried all different ones there (including true and false for "remote sends keboard presses"), nothing seemed to make any difference.

I've followed that blog step by step and only have the remotebuddy activity at the moment, no other devices are switching on/off to make sure I'm only trying to connect the remote to Plex.

Any help would be appreciated =(

PS: I'm using the trial version of RB for the moment as I wanted to test if I could all make it work before buying it. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
Thread-display::