Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

29.07.2015 09:33:02
Re: Harmony always disconnected

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I tried the following: 
1) set up the Harmony Smart Hub with Remote Buddy exactly as per https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/-/ 
2) select the activity by pressing the respective button (Music/TV/Movies) at the top of the remote 
3) press a button => connects and I can control Remote Buddy on the Mac 
4) press the "Off" button" => disconnects 
5) press any button => nothing happens 
6) select the activity by pressing the respective button (Music/TV/Movies) at the top of the remote 
7) press a button => connects and I can control Remote Buddy on the Mac

So it seems that, after pressing "Off", you need to select the Remote Buddy activity on the Harmony first for the Harmony Smart Hub to reconnect.

In my test, Remote Buddy was the only Device and Activity set up in the Harmony software.

Do you have any other devices set up in the Harmony software? If yes, which devices?

When you expect the Harmony to reconnect to your Mac: 
1) did you previously select the Remote Buddy Activity on your remote? 
2) is the Hub/"BD Remote Contol" listed as connected (connected devices have a menu entry in a bold font) in the OS X Bluetooth topbar menu? 
3) if it is listed as connected there, does or doesn't Remote Buddy list it in its topbar menu?

If I know more about your setup or usage pattern, I can again try to rebuild/reproduce it here.

Thanks, 
Felix 

Thread-display::