Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

31.07.2015 19:36:19
Re: Harmony always disconnected

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for the reply.

I have three devices in my Remote Buddy activity:

- Sony PS 3 (set-up per instructions) 
- Sony TV 
- Sony AV Receiver

The power settings for the TV and Receiver are "Always on, but turn off when I press the OFF button." The power settings for the PS3 are per the instructions "there are no power buttons on my remote."

When I press OFF, the TV and Receiver turn off. The Mac-Mini does not. I do not get any messages on the screen from Remote Buddy.

When I press the Remote Buddy activity button, the TV and Receiver turn on and I get a message from Remote Buddy to "Press any key on the Harmony Remote." But no key presses on the remote, or from the IOS app, are recognized. Remote Buddy shows that no remotes are attached, and I have to re-pair the Harmony.

I also have a Watch TV activity defined to the Harmony with three devices:

- Apple TV 
- Sony TV 
- Sony AV Receiver

The power settings for all three devices are "Always on, but turn off when I press the OFF button."

When I press the Watch TV activity, it switches my AV receiver to the Apple TV and everything works just fine.

When I press the Remote Buddy activity, it switches my AV receiver back to the Mac-Mini, and I get a message from Remote Buddy to "Press any key on the Harmony Remote." But no key presses on the remote, or from the IOS app, are recognized. When the message goes away, Remote Buddy shows that no remotes are attached, and I have to re-pair the Harmony.

So after I've paired to Remote Buddy, any time I switch away to the other activity or OFF, I have to re-pair the remote. I went through the Logitech forums and saw come pairing issues with PS3 from 2014, but they were supposedly resolved in a firmware update to 4.3. My firmware is now at 4.5

I can't help thinking I'm missing a setting somewhere to tell either Logitech or Remote Buddy to keep the pairing.

When the remote is paired, I love Remote Buddy! I run Kodi on the Mac-Mini and I've mapped some buttons on the Harmony remote, and it works terrific!

Thanks, Ernie 

Thread-display::