Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

14.07.2016 08:10:59
Re: premature Stop signal with Apple Remote

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks a lot for your reply and your detailed explanations!

BUT, assuming that e.g. the Apple Remote period is 100ms, if I chose something like 75ms for the IRTrans repeat period, there could never be an overlap on two successive signals. This means that IF I could tell Remote Buddy to tolerate 1 missing repeat command, it should work, at least theoretically.

It's a good and valid idea in theory, but in practice I'd assume it to not be possible. There are too many variables and parts to this solution for it to align perfectly on such small time frames.

Yes, I see that you are most probably correct on this one. I liked the idea of using Apple’s aluminum remote control very much simply because it has such a beautiful design, which is unlike any other remote control, and fits the Mac mini perfectly.

But now that I’ve switched to Remote Buddy Mobile instead, I have to say that this app matches the beauty of the Apple Remote hardware on a software level. It is really a perfect remote control solution with everything you could wish for, so I’m really happy with this solution.

The funny thing is that I originally bought Remote Buddy just to be able to use an IR remote control … 

Thread-display::