Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

28.01.2007 14:16:32
Jumping to direct to sub menu's
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

First of, great piece of software, I'm fairly new to the remote experience and was hoping that front row would solve all my music browsing problems, but unfortunately, the program is useless, however thankfully, that meant i stumbled upon Remote buddy!

What i am trying to achieve is this. I like to view my albums using coverflow (its a much nicer way of picking music than trying to pick out an album/track from a scrolling list of text), however once i have picked an album, i want to delve deeper into it to pick a specific track for instance.

My first foray's into this where to try and use a custom action to activate Front row, and go into Music>current track, however this didn't really work, aside from that it didn't really give me a great over view.

My next though was to try and jump direct from a key press in Coverflow (press and hold play/pause) to the current album in the Remote buddy music browser of the itunes menu.

Is this possible? Can anyone give me any assistance how i could set up such a custom action?

Thanks

Andy 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

01.02.2007 18:35:01
Re: Jumping to direct to sub menu's
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello Andy,

thanks for sharing your ideas.

What you propose is currently not supported by Remote Buddy. However, 
what you can do is select your album in iTunes, then enter Remote 
Buddy's context menu for iTunes and choose "Music Library > Current 
album". You'll then see all the songs in the currently playing album 
and be able to select from them as well.

Hope that helps.

Best regards, 
Felix